Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Cream Cheese Potato Soup

6 cups water
7 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1 pkgs (8 oz) cream cheese, cubed
1 pkg frozen hash browns
1-1/2 cups cubed cooked ham (I used turkey ham)
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dill weed (I left this out)

In a large pot, combine the water & bouillon. Add cream cheese; cook & stir until cheese is melted. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered for 18-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

This was a Macey's sample and they had the recipe for it. This is the only time that I tasted it and wanted more for that night, so I bought everything then. It was a big hit for the whole family and it was REALLY fast and easy. I doubled it because I like to have leftovers.

1 comment:

Lady Carolyn said...

You had me at cream cheese.