Friday, January 23, 2009

Cheddar studded Turkey Burgers

The original idea for this came from Rachael Ray. However, I never found the rare, pricey ingredients she always wants in there, so this is my poor man's version. Richard loves it!

The Burger:
1 lb Ground Turkey
handful of cubed cheddar chunks
1 Tbs Chili powder
1 Tbs Cumin
1 Tbs dried onion (or whatever the fresh equivalent is. I'm a crier.)

Mix together in a bowl and make into patties the size you want. I usually get 4-6 large patties.

The sauce:
Ranch Dressing seasoned with Garlic Powder

Directions: After fully cooking the patties, put them on a bun and instead of Ketchup and Mustard, use the Sauce. TASTY!

about 20 min total

Tip: The kids aren't so fond of this one, so when I'm feeling like a nice mom, I mix together the meat, make Richard and my patties and freeze the other uncooked patties for another day. Works great!

No comments: