Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hamburger Stroganoff

Preparation: 15-20 minutes (less if your meat is already dethawed)
Difficulty level: easy

1 lb egg noodles
1 lb ground meat
1 sm onion or 2 Tbl dried onion
1 clove pressed garlic
1 cup sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can golden mushroom soup


Start with boiling you water for your noodles DON'T FORGET TO PUT IN SALT! (you can't make up for forgetting the salt in the water in this recipe, it takes about 1 1/2 tsp) Then cook the hamburger, onion, and garlic. I am not fancy so I just throw them all in at once, even if my burger is still frozen. Dump in your noodles when the water boils. Once the hamburger is cooked through add the sour cream and cans of soup. When the noodles are done cooking drain them and then mix in the sauce. Add pepper if you need it. Jared always adds more salt to his, but I don't like it that salty. You could try it though, maybe you will like it better with more salt added.

Best if served with some sort of vegetable (I like brocolli) and bread or rolls.


This is Jared's favorite and the kids eat it pretty well. Personally, I am not a fan of dishes that have cream of soups.

2 comments:

Lady Carolyn said...

I make mine a little differently, but Brittney's is very tasty. Thanks!

Lady Carolyn said...

Oh... Definitely, 4 1/2 stars.